Update March 2018: I since graduated—quite some time ago—to using Samsung’s Gear VR. In retrospect, though, this Homido unit treated me quite well. And, it’s definitely capable of providing some horny 3D at a pretty good price.
I’d say if you’re on a budget…or if you have a non-Samsung phone…take a look at the Homido. You can find them on eBay for damn cheap these days. I saw a refurbished one listed for about $15 including shipping. So, look around. It can be a pretty damn good low-cost way to experience some virtual porns. Hell, there’s so much free VR porn floating around these days that if you’ve got a phone…just buy a cheap Homido, and you’re in the game.
Below is the original article…
October 6, 2015
I got no problem in recommending shit that I know is good and worth the bucks.
That’s why I’ll be discussing Homido’s virtual reality headset. I’ve been having a good time watching VR movies on the Homido for the past few months, and my bottom line is that there’s no better-priced way to get a nice taste of the virtual reality experience.
At the present moment—October 2015—there aren’t a huge number of options for virtual reality viewers. In 2016, the Oculus Rift will enter the scene, and that no doubt will be pretty mind-blowing. But, two things: 1. It’s not here yet. 2. It’s going to be pretty expensive. The same appears to be the case with HTC Vive.
And, we’re still in 2015. And, you may want to spend less than a hundred bucks. You can go with the very cheap Google Cardboard options as a starting point, but they give a low-quality experience.
If money’s really tight, then sure, give Cardboard a try.
If you have a newer Samsung phone, then go with the Gear: especially since it’s price keeps coming down!
In addition to Samsungs, the Homido Viewer works with the following phones:
- HTC M8 or M9
- Nexus 4 or 5
- Sony Xperia Z2
- LG G3
- Oneplus One
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6+
- Please note that Homido’s viewer works with Samsung’s Galaxy S 4, 5 or 6 and Note 3 or 4
So, what do you get when you buy the Homido viewer?
- The headset unit with lenses
- 3 pairs of lens holders (this easily lets you customize the viewer to make it work best with your particular face and eyes)
- A case
- A special cleaning cloth for the lenses
- A head strap
So, what do I like best about Homido?
- The VR lenses are good quality. They offer 100 degrees FOV (field of vision). That means that you really feel immersed in the virtual reality setting.
- You can just twist the knobs to adjust for near sightedness or far sightedness. This is an important feature that other headsets almost always overlook.
- I like that it comes with a case.
- It works with both Android and iPhone devices.
- And, as I mentioned…the thing just works well and is a good deal at the price.
What don’t I like about Homido?
- At first, when I didn’t use the top strap, the skin by my nose got irritated. So, I now use the strap.
- Once in a while—rarely—the lenses can get a little foggy.
- That’s about it. At this price, I’ll take it.
So, I don’t have much more to say in this review of Homido’s VR viewer. If you want a nice virtual reality experience, this is a good choice that’s worth the money.